One of our clients in the financial industry asked me several trend questions:
- Q1: Biggest surprises in Japan in 2008?
- Collapse of Japan’s mobile phone handset market (read our blog). In this context the Japanese telecom equipment makers association invited me to give a presentation, which was booked out 2-3 weeks ahead – about 100 Japanese telecom equipment maker managers attended! The General Affairs Vice-Minister / Secretary of State attended…. ( download my presentation here – in Japanese language: “Paradigm shift and opportunities for Japanese mobile phone makers”
- The dramatic increase of acquisitions by Japanese companies:
- Panasonic’s acquisition of SANYO (read analysis in our blog)
- Nomura’s acquisition of a big chunk of Lehman Brothers assets (read about a presentation by Nomura’s CEO Kenichi Watanabe)
- SONY‘s acquisition of the outstanding part of SONY-Bertelsmann music
- TDK‘s acquisition of Germany’s EPCOS
- NTT-Data’s acquisition of Germany’s Cirquent (BMW’s IT company)
- Fujitsu‘s acquisition of the outstanding 1/2 of Fujitsu-Siemens
- Q2: Biggest changes for 2009?
Q3: Key topics in Japanese media for 2009?
- Financial crisis and reviving the economy
- Crisis of the car industry – and car industry’s paradigm shift
Copyright·©2013 ·Eurotechnology Japan KK·All Rights Reserved·