Financial and business analysis of Japan’s top 8 electronics groups and major electronics parts makers
Analysis and report for download and subscription
Report, pdf-file, Version 23 of September 26, 2013
approx. 211 pages, 100 Figures, 20 Photos, 29 tables, 2.3 Mbyte
Lead author: Gerhard Fasol, works since 1984 with Japan’s technology industries.
Japan electronics industries: Buy and download.
Japan electronics industries – Preview an outline of this report:
Japan electronics industries – Summary
Japan’s electronics manufacturers combined are about as large as the Netherlands economically and are facing a period of restructuring, while at the same time they acquire companies abroad in an effort to globalize. Japan’s electronic component sector occupies about 30% – 40% of the global electronic devices market, and are generally better positioned than Japan’s electrical conglomerates, although these also face their own challenges. The report reviews and analyses Japan’s top 8 electronics manufacturers, and Japan’s top 7 electronic component makers, as well as several related companies, and an analysis of the industry sectors. Subscribe to receive regular updates.
Japan electronics industries – Related events and in the press and TV:
- The Galapagos Effect, Article in the Journal of the American Chamber of Commerce in Japan, and presentation by Gerhard Fasol to the American Chamber of Commerce in Japan
- Interviews on CNBC, NHK, BBC.
Japan electronics industries – Table of Contents
- Executive Summary: Japan’s electronics manufacturers
"Mono zukuri" (= making things, manufacturing products) as a philosophy and as a business model
Globalization vs Japan’s Galapagos effect
The Keiretsu bonds and consequences
Brand and branding issues
Japan’s 8 major electronics manufacturers
Overview of Japan’s 8 electronics groups
Market caps in international comparison
Annual revenues overview of all 8 Japanese electronics groups (FY1998 – FY2012)
Operating profits (Losses) overview of all 8 Japanese electronics groups (FY1998 – FY2012)
Net profits (losses) overview of all 8 Japanese electronics groups (FY1998 – FY2012)
Company overview and analysis for Japan’s electrical groups
Panasonic and Sanyo
Company overview and analysis for Japan’s electronic component manufacturers
Company overview and analysis of other related Japanese companies
Tokyo Electron and the merger with Applied Materials
Japan electronics industries – Report page images
Japan electronics industries – Buy and download:
Japan electronics industries – Methodology
We produce market research on Japan’s technology markets since 1996. We use the following methods:
- Desk research: public domain data, internet resources
- Official data from Government sources, Government white papers, public domain Government data bases, industry associations, and other trade organizations
- Data from Annual reports and other public disclosures by companies
- “Gray literature”: materials distributed at trade shows, conferences, workshops
- Public presentations, lectures, keynote talks, Press conferences
- Trade shows and events. We regularly visit a large number of trade shows and industry events, mainly in the Tokyo, Osaka areas, but also in US and Europe.
- Interviews, discussions at trade shows, and other industry events
- Cross checking and cross validation of data from different sources.
- Analysis using sophisticated, research grade mathematical and statistical software, and proprietary analysis software developed by Eurotechnology Japan KK.
- Our proprietary data base of industry data, photographs, and information collected since our company foundation in 1996/1997 mainly covering Japan’s electronics, telecommunications and energy industries.
- Our research and analysis staff is mainly PhD level and highly trained and experienced.
Copyright·©2014 ·Eurotechnology Japan KK·All Rights Reserved·