A lecture a the Embassy of Sweden for the Stockholm School of Economics
European Institute for Japanese Studies EIJS
Outline of the lecture:
- Energy and DNA
- Energy and Physics, why you need to understand physics to understand energy
- Ludwig Boltzmann’s tools and laws to work with energy
- Myth versus reality, mantra versus smart – psychology of judgment and decision making
- Parliamentary commission results: “regulatory capture” caused the Fukushima nuclear accident
- History: Japan’s energy architecture frozen since 1952
- Primary energy: 96% imported
- Why Japan pays so much for LNG
- Electricity architecture and liberalization
- renewable energy
- Future: where do we go from here?
Thank you to all those who attended the event “Japan’s energy – myths vs reality” at the Embassy of Sweden – an event organized by the European Institute for Japanese Studies of the Stockholm School of Economics.
We had about 120 registrations for 100 seats in the Alfred Nobel Auditorium of the Embassy of Sweden – participants included an official from Japan’s Prime Minister’s Cabinet Office, Officials from several Embassies including the Swedish, US, Norwegian, Swiss, Hungarian and more Embassy, executives from Japanese and European telecom and energy companies, including also several independent power producers (IPPs), legal professionals, and groups of students and MBA students from Tokyo University, Hitotsubashi University and others.
We had very vivid discussion, and continued the discussions over nijikai.
Detailed data, statistics and analysis of Japan’s energy markets:
All the data of the talk are from our reports on Japan’s energy sector:
Japan’s energy market report:
Renewable energy Japan – research report
Copyright 2013 Eurotechnology Japan KK All Rights Reserved