Can e-money and mobile payment replace cash?
Example: mobile payment for the world’s busiest train line
CLSA – Asia-Pacific Markets – last week organized the “CLSA Japan Forum” here in Tokyo. About 800-1000 investment bankers, portfolio managers, investors, analysts came together. Since last year interest of global investors in Japan has increased a lot.
Eurotechnology Japan KK participated actively, and on Friday March 2, 2007, gave a presentation on:
Mobile payment and the future of money (presentation at CLSA Japan Forum)
The presentation covers the following agenda:
- Can e-money and mobile payment replace cash?
- Example: mobile payment for the world’s busiest train line
- DoCoMo’s target for mobile payments
- Japan’s mobile payment and keitai credit landscape
- Free markets vs regulation
- Mifare and Felica chips and radio communications (NFC)
- Who drives mobile payments
- Growth of SUICA
- DoCoMo’s mobile payment and keitai credit strategy
- Edy – electronic cash
- A major bank’s mobile payment system
- Where to invest – who to watch
“Mobile payment and keitai credit” (download here)
Mobile payment Japan, e-money and mobile credit report:
Copyright 2013 Eurotechnology Japan KK All Rights Reserved