Gerhard Fasol was one of the invited speakers of the “Device Applications of Nanoscale Materials Symposium” at the 1998 National ACS Meeting in Dallas, Texas, which was organized by John St. John of Texas Christian University.
Gerhard Fasol’s talk: “Selective Electrodeposition of Magnetic and Metallic Nanowires: A New Approach to a Fundamental Technology”
The two main purposes of this symposium are (1) to demonstrate current, innovative applications of chemistry in the nanometer size regime for use in optoelectronics and (2) to identify potential areas for partnerships between industry and academia where research in nanoscale chemistry can be applied to emerging technologies. It is hoped that this symposium will benefit chemists working in nanotechnology by providing a forum for discussing applications with leading industries.
Press Conference participants:
- James R. Von Ehr II, Zyvex LLC;
- Howard E. Katz, Bell Laboratories-Lucent Technologies;
- Jie Han, NASA Ames Research Laboratory;
- Gerhard Fasol, Eurotechnology Japan K. K.;
- 8:00 am: Marye Anne Fox , University of Texas, Austin; Imaging With Chromophore-Modified Self Assembled Monolayers
- 8:40 am: Howard E. Katz, Bell Laboratories-Lucent Technologies; Chemical Structure, film Morphology, and Deposition Process Optimization of Organic Transistor Semiconductors
- 9:20 am: James R. Von Ehr II, Zyvex LLC; Building a Molecular Nanotechnology Industry
- 10:00 am: William Hinsburg, IBM Research Division; Resist Requirements for Sub-100 nm Microlithography
- 10:30 am: Gerhard Fasol, Eurotechnology Japan K. K.; Selective Electrodeposition of Magnetic and Metallic Nanowires: A New Approach to a Fundamental Technology
- 11:10 am: Alan J. Heeger, IPOS, UCSB, and UNIAX Corp.,.; Polymer Light Emitting Electrochemical Cells: A Device Application of Nanscale Chemistry
- 11:50 am: Jie Han, NASA Ames Research Laboratory; Exploring Carbon Nanotubes for Nanoscale Devices
- 2:00 pm: Richard BrotzmanNanophase Technologies Corporation; Nanoscale Materials for Optoelectronics
- 2:30 pm: Louis Brus, Columbia University; Spectroscopy and “Blinking” of Single Semiconductor Nanocrystals at Room Temperature
- 3:10 pm: Jeffery L. Coffer, Texas Christian University; Nanophase Silicon as an Optoelectronic / Biocompatible Material
- 4:00 pm: James M. Tour, University of South Carolina; Molecular Scale Electronics
- 4:40 pm: Tapesh Yadav, Nanomaterials Research Corporation; Device Applications of Nanoscale Materials
For Gerhard Fasol’s related publications see:
- Gerhard Fasol: “Nanowires: Small is Beautiful” SCIENCE, 280, p. 545-546 (24 April 1998)
- Gerhard Fasol and Katharina Runge: “Selective Electrodeposition of nanometer scale magnetic wires” Applied Physics Letters, 70, p. 2467-2468 (5 May 1997)
- G. Fasol, “Spontaneous Spin Polarization in Quantum Wires”, Proc. 22nd International Conference on the Physics of Semiconductors (ICPS), edited by D. J. Lockwood, (World Scientific, Singapore, 1995), p. 1739-1742.
- G. Fasol and H. Sakaki, “Spontaneous Spin Polarization due to Electron- Electron Interaction in Quantum Wires”, in “Nanostructures and Quantum Effects”, edited by H. Sakaki and H. Noge, [Proceedings of the JRDC Int. Symposium on Nanostructures and Quantum Effects, 17—18 Nov. 1993, Tsukuba (Japan)], Springer-Verlag, Berlin, p. 121-130 (1994).
- G. Fasol and H. Sakaki, “Spontaneous Spin Polarization in Quantum Wires”, Philosophical Magazine, 70, 601-616 (1994).
- G. Fasol and H. Sakaki, “Prediction of Spin-Polarization Effects in Quantum Wire Transport”, Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, 33, 879-886 (1994).
- G. Fasol, Y. Nagamune, J. Motohisa und H. Sakaki, “Determination of Quantum Wire Potential and Hot Electron Spectroscopy Using Point Contacts”, Surface Science, 305, 620-623 (1994).
- G. Fasol, “Calculation of Electron Coherence Lengths for Quantum Wires”, in: 21st International Conference on the Physics of Semiconductors, ed. by Ping Jiang and Hou-Zhi Zheng, World Scientific, (Singapore, 1992), p. 1411.
- G. Fasol and H. Sakaki, “Electron-electron Scattering in Quantum Wires and its Possible Suppression due to Spin Effects”, Physical Review Letters, 70, 3643-3646 (1993).
- G. Fasol and H. Sakaki, “Spontaneous Spin-Polarization of Ballistic Electrons in Single Mode Quantum Wires Due to Spin Splitting”, Applied Physics Letters, 62, 2230-2232 (1993).
- G. Fasol and H. Sakaki, “Electron-Electron Scattering in Quantum Wells and Wires”, Proceedings of the 19th Int. Symposium on Gallium Arsenide and Related Compounds, (Karuizawa 1992), Institute of Physics Conference Series No. 129, p. 311 (1992).
- G. Fasol, “Absence of Low Temperature Saturation of Electron–Electron Scattering in a Single Mode Quantum Wire”, Applied Physics Letters, 61, 831-833 (1992)
- G. Fasol, “Electron Dephasing Due to Coulomb Interaction”, Applied Physics Letters 59, 2430-2432 (1991)
Copyright·©2013 ·Eurotechnology Japan KK·All Rights Reserved·